Romero Sports and Leisure has organised at presentation from one the leading solicitors operating in Motorsport on the hot topic of Claims Defensibility. David Spencer of BLM Law will provide a brief presentation and is available for questions afterwards.
The presentation will start at 12:30 pm in the briefing room in the clubhouse at Daytona.
- “Prevention is better than cure” – Taking steps to reduce claims frequency
- “Defending the indefensible?” – What do your insurers and lawyers need from you?
- “Lessons learned and actions taken” – Operational response to an incident or claim
- David has been appointed panel solicitor for liability claims involving the UK governing bodies of 2 and 4 wheeled motorsport and for other national sporting and recreational associations.
- David deals with catastrophic and fatal injury claims arising from EL, PL and road traffic accidents involving complex liability issues, brain injury, spinal injury, amputations and serious orthopaedic injuries.
- David was solicitor for the defendant throughout the litigation and in the Supreme Court appeal in Summers v Fairclough Homes.
- David undertakes numerous seminars and training on claims handling, defensibility and civil procedure.
- Qualified as a solicitor in 1998, joined BLM in July 2005 and made partner in April 2008.
Significant reported cases
- Summers v Fairclough Homes  UKSC 26
- Sophie Poole v Chequered Flag Karting & 2 Others  EWHC 2375 (QB)